All About Space Center Houston in Texas
Space Center Houston is a fascinating place for children and adults alike. The center, which was founded in 1965, has been an important part of the Houston, Texas community since its opening. So it’s no wonder that it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Houston! Space Center Houston is located in the city of Houston, Texas. It is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the state, with over 1 million visitors annually. Space Center Houston offers many interesting things for visitors to do, including tours and educational programs for students. Being just miles from The Last Resort, the center is a great place for outpatient rehab clients to go during the day and take their mind off of their drug rehab treatment program.
Where is Space Center Houston Located?
Space Center Houston is located right in South Houston right off Nasa Parkway at 1601 E NASA Pkwy, Houston, TX 77058.
Space Center Houston is an excellent place to visit for anyone interested in space travel. There are lots of interactive exhibits, simulators, and more to keep everyone entertained! Located in the Clear Lake area of Texas near NASA Johnson Space Flight Center, this museum offers free admission, which can be quite rare these days! Visitors will get a glimpse into how it feels to be in space and what it would take to become an astronaut. Visitors can also get up close with some of the actual spacecraft used by NASA! Kids will love trying out all the interactive exhibits while adults can learn more about NASA’s history – everyone is sure to have a great time at Space Center Houston!
Fascinating Facts About Space Center Houston
- Space Center Houston is the official visitor center of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Johnson Space Center.
- It is a museum and educational center that offers interactive exhibits, multimedia presentations and more.
- It is one of the largest visitor centers in the world, consisting of more than 400,000 square feet.
- It is the only place in the world where visitors can go on a tram tour of a functioning NASA facility.
- Space Center Houston has artifacts, interactive displays, and other exhibits that tell the story of NASA’s journey to space exploration.
- The center also offers several educational programs, such as Astronaut Training Experiences, and partnerships with schools and universities.
- In 2003, Space Center Houston opened the door to a new building, the Astronaut Gallery, which houses artifacts and memorabilia from over 50 years of human spaceflight.
- The center has a space shuttle replica, named Independence, which is used to educate and inspire the public.
- Space Center Houston has a Safety and Mission Simulation Center, which simulates the environment of the International Space Station.
- The center offers a variety of educational programs and tours, as well as flight simulators, space suit demonstrations and mission control
*This content was submitted by a 3rd party and is for entertainment purposes only. The content does not represent the opinions or views of Last Resort Recovery, nor should it be viewed as an endorsement of any company, services, product or individual.