An Ultimate Guide to the Art Car Museum in Houston, Texas
If you are in Houston, Texas, and looking for something to do, why not visit the Art Car Museum? The museum features an extensive permanent collection of automobiles that are transformed into works of art by innovative artists who turn vehicles into moving sculptures, transforming the way one tends to think about cars and car culture. The museum also hosts a variety of special rotating exhibitions throughout the year for visitors to enjoy, along with their permanent collection. These rotating exhibits have featured everything from Ferris wheels made out of classic VW beetles to models inspired by racing drivers like Mario Andretti or Danica Patrick.
The Art Car Museum in Houston, Texas, is a great place to visit if you are looking for something new and exciting. For some patients at our Houston rehab hospital, visiting the museum can take their mind off the desire to use drugs and act as a form of addiction therapy. Whether you are an art enthusiast or not, this museum has plenty of car-themed artwork that will keep your eyes entertained. This post provides information about the museum, including what it offers, how to get there, pictures of the interior, and more!
How Many Cars are at the Houston Art Car Museum?
The Houston art car museum is home to over 130 art cars that artists from all around the world have created. The collection ranges from famous paintings on wheels to sculptures made of recycled materials. If you’re interested in seeing these unique creations up close, then this is the place for you! If you’re visiting Houston, Texas, this place should be on your list! Come see what all the hype is about at the Art Car Museum!
10 Facts About the Art Car Museum in Houston
- The Art Car Museum in Houston, Texas, is the only museum in the United States solely dedicated to art cars.
- The museum was founded in 1988 by Pastor John Killough, a former art car enthusiast.
- The museum is a nonprofit organization and is funded through donations, sponsorships, and grants.
- The museum has a permanent collection of over 250 art cars from all over the world.
- The Art Car Museum also hosts a number of special exhibitions throughout the year.
- The museum organizes an annual “Art Car Parade” during the month of April.
- The museum also organizes “Art Car Ball” which is an annual celebration of art car culture.
- The museum has hosted a number of special events, such as the “Art Car Ball” and “Drive By Art Car Show”.
- The museum holds a number of educational programs and workshops, such as “The Art Car Making Workshop”, “The Art of Writing About Art Cars” and “The Art Car Summer Camp”.
- The Art Car Museum was featured in the 2008 documentary “Who Are These Guys?” by Morgan Spurlock
*This content was submitted by a 3rd party and is for entertainment purposes only. The content does not represent the opinions or views of the Last Resort Recovery, nor should it be viewed as an endorsement of any company, services, product or individual.