Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park in Houston, Texas: A Great Place for Family
Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park in Houston, Texas, is a great place for families to gather and spend time together. This park has two waterfalls, one of which drops from the top of the building’s atrium down three stories into an open pool below. It also features beautiful landscaping and trees, and multiple fountains that give off soothing sounds when flowing. The Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park is located on Buffalo Bayou at 2800 Post Oak Blvd, Houston, TX 77056, and within sight of Memorial Drive (a major Houston thoroughfare). It is an oasis in the middle of this busy city, where visitors can find relaxation and peace while dealing with their drug addictions.
What is there to Do at the Houston Waterwall Park?
Some of the things to do at the Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park include multiple benches throughout the park so that visitors have plenty of seating options to choose from while enjoying their experience at Waterwall Park. In addition, as mentioned earlier, some fountains give off a soothing sound when flowing into pools below them. These waterfalls represent Houston’s rich history as well as its beautiful natural landscape which offers residents opportunities for outdoor recreation year-round.
Houston, Texas, is home to one of the best water features you can find. The Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park offers a unique space for families and individuals looking for something other than your average park setting. With its central location next to Stude Concert Hall, it makes getting there easily within walking distance no matter which part of Houston you live in or are visiting from out-of-town!
Fascinating Facts about the Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park in Houston
- The Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park was designed by architect Philip Johnson and opened in 1985.
- The Waterwall Park is located in the Uptown Houston neighborhood, located on the west side of the city.
- The Waterwall Park has a unique, semi-circular design that is reminiscent of a waterfall, and is made of pink Alabama marble.
- The Waterwall Park is 2.5 acres in size and features over 10,000 gallons of water flowing in a continuous cycle.
- The Waterwall Park is 64 feet tall and one of the most popular attractions in Houston.
- The Waterwall Park is a popular destination for wedding and engagement photos.
- The Waterwall Park is lit up with bright lights at night, creating a beautiful and romantic environment.
- The Waterwall Park is home to many species of birds and is a popular spot for birdwatchers.
- The Waterwall Park is a great place for relaxation and reflection, and offers plenty of benches and seating areas.
- The Waterwall Park is free to the public and open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day
*This content was submitted by a 3rd party and is for entertainment purposes only. The content does not represent the opinions or views of Last Resort Recovery, nor should it be viewed as an endorsement of any company, services, product or individual.