Transitional Living and Aftercare Program
Substance abuse treatment outcomes data and research has long supported the concept that, “The longer a person engages in a treatment continuum, the better the chance they have at being successful”. With this in mind, The Last Resort has a built a continuum that seeks to support those struggling with addictive disorders well beyond their time in a residential treatment setting. Our Transitional Living and Aftercare Program is designed to continue to aid clients as they step down from a higher treatment-intensity setting like residential or intensive outpatient.
The Last Resort Residences serves as our Transitional Living location and acts as a safe, structured, and comfortable sober living environment. Leaving residential treatment and entering back into the
“real-world” can often be a very challenging and scary endeavor for people with a substance use disorder. Our Transitional Living and Aftercare Program aids our clients by easing the transition between a high-structured residential treatment environment and the challenges of the real world. Our Recovery Residences and Aftercare Programming are built for those who want to continue working toward their post-treatment goals in a drug and alcohol-free living space that supports long-term, sustainable recovery.
Clients living at The Last Resort Residences and participating in our Aftercare Program will be engaging in recovery-oriented programming designed and delivered by licensed and certified addiction professionals. Intertwined Aftercare Programming is designed to add levels of accountability and support as our residents in Transitional Living begin the shift back into healthy and productive lives.
The services at our beautiful South Austin Transitional Living and Outpatient locations include:
- A warm and inviting home environment
- Fully furnished bedrooms and living areas
- An individual Recovery Coach for all residents
- Weekly aftercare groups run by certified addiction professionals
- Weekly recovery-oriented house meetings and accountability groups
- 24 hour staff support with live-in house managers
- House guidelines designed to cultivate structure and accountability
- A recovery community of other men walking a similar path
- A shared backyard and outdoor space
- An outpatient office location that includes a group room, commons area, and two private offices
- We also do weekly urine analysis