The Last Resort Recovery Center is a nationally recognized and accredited addiction treatment center near Austin, Texas. We specialize in treating adult men in an environment designed to foster healing, brotherhood, and true recovery.
A Texas Addiction Treatment Program Designed for Men
The Last Resort Recovery Center is an addiction treatment program in Central Texas designed specifically for men. We provide individualized treatment by implementing a variety of evidence-based modalities including a unique experiential trauma resolution intensive workshop and an equestrian experience that no one else offers.
Our facility is nestled on a beautiful 55-acre ranch in the heart of Texas. Here, we provide a peaceful setting away from stress and distractions for men to recover from addiction and regain their lives.
Alcohol and drug abuse can be deadly. The disease of addiction is powerful. If you or a loved one is struggling, don’t wait, call The Last Resort for help today.
Types of Men’s Addictions We Treat at The Last Resort
- Alcohol Addiction
- Dual-Diagnosis / Co-Occurring Disorders
- Addiction with Trauma Focus
- Opiate Addiction
- Heroin Addiction
- Painkiller Addiction
- Prescription Drug Addiction
- Benzodiazepine (Xanax) Addiction
- Meth Addiction
- Cocaine / Crack Addiction
- Marijuana Addiction
- All Substance Abuse Disorders
- Other Drug Addictions
We Help Men Find Lasting Recovery From Addiction
At The Last Resort Recovery Center, we know the importance of finding lasting recovery from addiction and alcoholism. Addiction is a disease of mind, body, and spirit that affects the person dealing with addiction, their friends, and their families.
Some of the men that enter our rehabilitation facility are high functioning individuals dealing with an addiction. They have thriving lives and careers. To the outside eye, they might not look like they have a problem at all. For others, alcohol or drug use has taken its toll on their careers, their families, and their lives.
Men dealing with the disease of addiction often find themselves battling co-occurring mental health disorders like depression, anxiety, trauma, and PTSD. Our therapists specialize in treating individuals with dual-diagnosis as well. We know a man can’t recover from his addiction if his mental health isn’t treated alongside his addiction.
At the Last Resort we treat each person individually. No matter their background or the extent the addiction has had on them, we create an individualized approach to treating the whole person, body, mind, and spirit. We utilize evidence-based practices like psychiatry, individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, equine therapy, and trauma/PTSD work to create the perfect treatment plan for you or your loved one.
Effective Treatment Options for All Men
Men dealing with an alcohol or drug dependency have a unique set of issues that are best treated in a particular setting. They experience different triggers throughout life depending on their age. A men’s rehab program and support system created to specifically address these issues can make the difference in you or your loved one’s success in treatment.
Young Men & Early Adulthood
For young men dealing with addiction it’s important to remove potential distractions such as technology or the opposite sex. Our 55-acre ranch encourages men to learn to appreciate the outdoors while focusing on themselves and their recovery. The Last Resort’s setting provides just the right mix of the outdoors and therapeutic modalities to establish and promote sobriety for each individual.
Men With Families
For family men, our rehabilitation program was created to help them be the best version of themselves as husbands and fathers. The effects of addiction are widespread, affecting loved ones in ways an addict may painfully recognize, and in other ways may not. This is one of the many reasons we have an intensive family program. Not only can you or your loved ones recover at The Last Resort, but so can your family.
A Men-Only Addiction Treatment Center in the Heart of Texas
The Last Resort’s primary facility sits on a beautiful 55-acre ranch just outside of Austin, Texas. Here, the men we treat have the ability to get outdoors, appreciate nature, and connect with each other. Sharing your addiction experience with other sober men is important to the recovery process and isolation can be a contributing factor of relapse. Disconnecting from the troubles in their lives and reconnecting with themselves, while healing from their addiction is an important piece of the recovery experience at The Last Resort.
We provide an intensive experiential trauma resolution workshop called, The Healing Heart Experience. This experience is a clinically informed, trauma-sensitive men’s rite of passage that introduces somatic-trauma-informed approaches, and emotion regulation techniques like breathwork, breathing regulation, art therapy, and music therapy.
Additionally, we have a robust equine-assisted therapy program. When each client arrives, they choose a horse to be their companion for the duration of their treatment stay. This approach builds skills that will not only help them while in addiction treatment, but also in their lifelong recovery journey.
Combining The Healing Heart Experience and equine-assisted therapy, The Last Resort creates a safe place for men to process and heal from their underlying trauma.
If you are seeking treatment for yourself or a loved one, we’re here to answer your questions and walk you through the programs and process. We provide immediate solutions to alleviate individuals and families in crisis, including logistics planning and fast insurance verification.
Treatment Modalities Offered at Our Men’s Addiction Clinic
At The Last Resort Recovery Center, we know the importance of creating an individualized experience for the men we treat. Here are some of the addiction treatment modalities we utilize:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): CBT is an evidenced based form of therapy that allows the clinician to use a structured approach to treat addiction and mental health disorders. This modality aims to help clients develop improved behaviors and thought processes.
- Motivational Interviewing (MI): MI is a client-centered approach to psychotherapy allowing the therapist to guide their client through a process to identify their own reasons for making behavioral changes. This form of therapy can be beneficial for treatment resistant individuals.
- Equine-Assisted Therapy: The Last Resort utilizes both ground and mounted forms of Equine Therapy to help the men build self-confidence, communication skills, trust, impulse control, and helps them learn boundaries. This skill set helps build the foundation for their addiction recovery, both during and after treatment.
- Family Therapy: Addiction is a disease that affects the entire family system. The Last Resort provides a family intensive weekend that allows the family and the client to begin to heal.
- 12 Step Integration: The 12 Step approach has had a profound impact on addiction over the years. The Last Resort Recovery helps men put these tools into practice to help them build, long-term, sustainable recovery.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR): EMDR is a highly effective form of mental health treatment. This modality provides bi-lateral stimulation while the client processes traumatic memories and allows them to heal.
- Solution Focused Therapy: A therapeutic approach that is short-term, goal-focused, and evidence based. This modality enables our therapist to help the client find solution instead of focusing on the problem.
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)- This therapeutic approach is a form of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy that focuses on helping individuals identify irrational beliefs and learn how to better manage their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in a more positive way.
A Complete Men’s Addiction Recovery Program
Men do not develop an addiction overnight. Oftentimes, addiction takes years to take hold of a man’s life and get him to a place where he is willing to seek help. While utilizing evidenced based treatment modalities is incredibly important, studies have shown us that the longer we can keep men connected to, or immersed in, the treatment and recovery world, the better their chance for long-term recovery is.
The Last Resort Recovery Center offers a full continuum of care, including:
- Full Medical Detox
- Alcohol Detox
- Drug Detox
- Inpatient Rehab
- Residential Program (RTC)
- Partial Hospitalization (PHP)
- Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
- Transitional Living
- Alumni Support
Get Help With Addiction at The Last Resort
The Last Resort Recovery Center helps men achieve and maintain long-term sobriety. We provide individualized addiction treatment plans with evidence based modalities, trauma intensive workshops, and equine therapy. Here, you will find a support system designed specifically for men to recreate their lives and become “Recovered Gentlemen”.
Are you ready for you or your loved one to reclaim their life? Don’t wait. Call The Last Resort today and get help now!