Fitness Therapy for Addiction in Austin
Best Fitness Therapy Program for Addiction Treatment in Austin, TX
As more research emerges on the positive effects of exercise on mental health, the use of fitness therapy programs in addiction treatment has become increasingly popular.
At The Last Resort Recovery Center, physical wellness is an essential part of our holistic addiction treatment approach. By incorporating exercise into your treatment plan, you can experience a wide range of benefits that can support your journey toward long-term sobriety. Whether you’re new to fitness or a seasoned athlete, our program has something to offer everyone.
Call The Last Resort today and begin your journey towards a healthier, sober you.
What is a Fitness Therapy Program for Addiction?
A fitness program for addiction is a structured exercise regimen designed to help individuals in a rehab center improve their physical health. These programs can vary widely in their format and focus, but they typically include a combination of aerobic exercise, strength training, and flexibility exercises. Our fitness program for addiction utilizes a combination of exercise routines. Some are designed to be low-intensity, while others are more intense and may include recreational activities like running or weightlifting.
Physical Wellness and Holistic Treatment
Providing holistic treatment options is essential for those suffering from substance abuse. Traditional treatment includes drug and alcohol detox and group therapy, focusing on the withdrawal process and not necessarily overall wellness after detox is complete. At The Last Resort, we provide traditional therapy services and incorporate various additional modalities that benefit your mind and body’s healing.
Incorporating overall wellness into treatment can take many forms. Fitness programs provide structured exercise and activities to build strength and support individuals in recovery. Our program utilizes a variety of exercises and movements and is catered to the needs of each of our clients. Some may need beginner-level workouts, while others may be more advanced.
These activities provide those in recovery with a sense of purpose and accomplishment. When individuals engage in physical fitness, they can experience a sense of pride and self-worth essential to building and maintaining lasting recovery.
Benefits of Exercise in Recovery
Incorporating regular exercise into your recovery journey, individuals can experience various benefits that support their overall health and help them overcome addiction.
Here are some of the benefits of exercise therapy in addiction recovery:
- Reduces stress and anxiety: Exercise has many natural benefits and is a great way to reduce stress and anxiety. Exercise releases endorphins, the body’s natural mood boosters. These hormones can also help individuals process and cope with difficult emotions.
- Boosts self-esteem: Exercise can be a great way to boost self-esteem and confidence. When individuals engage in physical activity, they can experience a sense of accomplishment and pride, which can help to improve their self-worth and confidence.
- Reduces drug cravings: Staying active can help reduce cravings and help you heal from alcohol and drug addiction. Participating in fun recreational activities can fill the free time that might be triggering for some, ultimately reducing cravings and helping you to stay sober.
- Improves sleep: Regular exercise can help improve sleep, which is essential for overall well-being. Individuals in recovery may experience disrupted sleep patterns due to addiction or withdrawal symptoms. Exercise can be a natural way to help regulate sleep patterns.
- Reduces symptoms of depression: Exercise has been shown to be an effective tool in reducing symptoms of depression. It helps manage various mood swings that individuals in recovery may experience as they adjust to life without drugs or alcohol.
- Promotes healthy habits: Engaging in regular physical activities helps individuals develop healthy habits. For example, individuals in recovery may be more likely to eat a healthy diet and get enough sleep when exercising regularly.
- Provides a healthy outlet for stress and emotions: Exercise can be a healthy way to manage stress and emotions. Instead of turning to drugs or alcohol to cope with difficult emotions, individuals can engage in fitness activities to process and manage their emotions in a healthy way while avoiding relapse.
- Reduces risk of chronic health conditions: Individuals in recovery may have neglected their health during addiction. Exercise can help to reduce the symptoms and the risks of developing chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and obesity.
Heal Your Mind and Body Through Our Fitness Therapy Program in Austin, Texas
If you’re looking for a fitness therapy program for addiction in Austin, Texas, look no further than The Last Resort. Our fitness program is designed to help individuals in our rehab facility heal from drug abuse and make a fresh start while improving their bodies and mind. We offer a variety of fitness activities, including yoga, strength training, and aerobic exercise, to meet the needs and preferences of all our clients. Call The Last Resort Recovery Center today for more information on our fitness program and to start your recovery journey!