Prescription Drug Addiction Rehab in Austin
Best Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment Center in Austin, TX
The struggles of prescription drug addiction can be overwhelming and isolating. However, there is hope for recovery and a better future. The Last Resort Recovery is a Texas-based prescription drug addiction treatment center that specializes in evidence-based treatment for substance use disorders.
Our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to providing the highest quality care and support to each and every one of our clients. We offer a range of evidence-based treatment approaches and therapies to help our clients address the physical, emotional, and psychological aspects of their addiction.
If you or a loved one is struggling with prescription drug addiction, know that you are not alone. The Last Resort Recovery is here to help. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for support and guidance on your journey toward recovery.
How Do People Become Addicted to Prescription Medication?
People can become addicted to prescription medication in a variety of ways. Some may start taking medication to manage physical or mental health problems, but over time they may find themselves needing higher doses to achieve the same effect. Others may start taking medication to cope with stress, anxiety, or other difficult life circumstances and become reliant on it as an escape. Still, others may be introduced to prescription drugs through social circles and develop an addiction through recreational use. All of these situations may lead to substance use disorder and usually requires treatment for prescription drug addiction.
When is Using Prescribed Drugs Considered Addiction?
Prescription drug addiction is a condition that occurs when a person takes medication, often opioids for chronic pain, in a way that is not prescribed by a doctor. This can include taking higher doses than prescribed, taking the medications more often than directed, or taking the prescriptions for a different purpose than it was intended for.
While prescription medication can be effective in managing pain, it can also have a euphoric effect that can be addictive, especially for those with underlying mental health conditions. RX drug addiction can lead to a cycle of dependency and abuse, as people may turn to more potent substances to achieve the same effect.
The Dangers of RX Drug Abuse
Prescription drug use can be dangerous and it can lead to a range of negative consequences. Some of the dangers associated with prescription drug use include:
- Tolerance: When a person takes prescription medication for an extended period of time, their body may become accustomed to the drug, requiring higher doses to achieve the same effect. This can lead to a cycle of dependency and increase the risk of overdose.
- Psychological addiction: Prescription drugs, especially opioids, can have a euphoric effect that can be highly addictive, leading to psychological dependence on the drug.
- Mental health disorders: Long-term prescription drug use can exacerbate pre-existing mental health conditions or lead to the development of new ones, such as depression or anxiety.
- Decreased cognitive function: Certain prescription drugs, particularly benzodiazepines, can have a sedative effect that can impair cognitive function, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Withdrawal symptoms: When a person becomes dependent on prescription medication and then stops taking it, they may experience withdrawal symptoms, which can be severe and include nausea, vomiting, tremors, and seizures.
It is important to be aware of the risks associated with prescription drug use and to seek help if they are struggling with addiction.
The Prescription Drug Rehab Program at the Last Resort Recovery in Austin
At The Last Resort Recovery, we understand that addiction is a complex mental health disorder that requires individualized treatment. When you enter our addiction treatment program, the first step is to undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of therapists and medical staff to determine the most appropriate level of care for your unique needs and circumstances.
Depending on the severity of your addiction, you may require round-the-clock care in a residential program, where you will participate in medical detox and various therapies designed to help you overcome your addiction and begin the healing process.
We offer a range of therapies on our 55-acre ranch in the Heart of Texas. Our individualized treatment programs are designed to help addicts overcome their prescription drug abuse and begin the healing process. Some of the therapies we offer include:
- Behavioral therapy: This type of therapy helps individuals work through the feelings and behaviors that led to their addiction and develop healthy coping mechanisms for the future.
- Family support and therapy: Involving family members in therapy can be an important aspect of addiction recovery. It can help mend broken relationships and provide ongoing support for the individual in recovery.
- Holistic activities: Incorporating outdoor activities and animal therapy into treatment can have a positive impact on self-esteem and communication skills.
- Experiential therapy: This type of therapy, such as equine-assisted therapy, involves engaging in activities that challenge individuals to overcome physical, emotional, and mental obstacles in order to promote personal growth and self-awareness.
Through therapy and self-examination, our drug addiction treatment program helps individuals identify their triggers and temptations, and learn how to prevent similar problems from arising in the future.
Start Your Recovery at Our Austin Prescription Drug Addiction Rehab
If you or a loved one is struggling with prescription drug addiction, it is vital to seek help from a reputable and compassionate treatment center. Our substance abuse treatment program is designed to help our clients understand the root causes of their addiction and develop the skills and strategies needed to overcome it and rebuild their lives as Recovered Gentlemen.